Welcome to the Kingsbury & Baxterley Group of Parish Churches service information page.
Below is a list of the services we offer at each of our five churches:
These change occasionally when there are
(e.g. Holy Week, Patronal, Harvest, Christmas)
TO SEE DATES, TIMES OF SERVICES and READINGS for the next THREE WEEKS,
see our weekly Newsletter here
- Lifting of Coronavirus restrictions - Updated 22nd May 2022
During the coronavirus pandemic, we have followed the advice to suspend the sharing of the common cup at Holy Communion. Following updated advice from the Church of England, those who wish may now receive wine at Holy Communion. However, it is still permissible to receive the bread only if you prefer or if you have reason to minimise the risk of contagion. Dipping the bread in the wine (intinction) is not encouraged.
25th July 2021 UPDATE:
For those who wish and are able, we have now returned to the church buildings for public worship.
- Lifting of Coronavirus restrictions
Social distancing and the wearing of face coverings is no longer a legal requirement in places of worship. However, we do ask all those attending church to continue to exercise care and responsibility towards one another. Wearing face coverings inside the church buildings is recommended for those who are able to do so. Please continue to use the hand sanitiser available and to avoid close contact with those outside your household.
- We are continuing our previous pattern of
- 1st and 3rd Sundays: 11am at Merevale, 4.30pm at Baxterley
- 2nd and 4th Sundays - 9.30am at Hurley, 11am at Kingsbury
- Every Wednesday - 9.30am at Wood End
- Every Thursday - 4.30pm Evening Prayer at Baxterley
- We will be continuing with the different opportunities for worship at home, including weekly Zoom Night Prayer on Tuesday evenings and Bible Studies/reflections by Zoom also on Tuesday evenings for the foreseeable future. I know that some people will be unable not ready to come out for public worship just yet, and if that is you I can promise you that you will not be forgotten. At the same time, I know that there are others who will be delighted to be able to be back together in church again.
- You can find the weekly newsletter on our Newsletter page (See above) plus the text of previous sermons,and previous worship videos over the past few months on our ‘Covid-19 Page’ of this website HERE. .
- As ever, do please give me a ring or an email if there is anything you'd like to talk about, or think I should know. These continue to be challenging times, even with the light we are seeing at (hopefully) the end of the tunnel, and it is good to be able to keep in touch in whatever ways we are able. God is with us. Revd. John
We look forward to serving you. If you need to contact us about any of our services please telephone the Vicarage on 01827 874252 and leave a message so we can get back to you or email us at email@example.com